Monday, October 12, 2009

The Lad(ie)s of the night

Now when I used to work, sometimes I used to be at office really late at night. I’m sure most of you can empathise with that, a single guy in his 20s, you have to love work then. And inadvertently, I would be walking the 2 km from my office to my flat at weird hours like 2 or 3 in the morning. Now, this in a city where 10 pm is considered late and by 11:30 pm, everything is dead silent on the roads.
It was on one of these days (or nights, take your pick) that I was walking home at around midnight when I came to the bend at the main road that turns towards my building. Now this is an area that has a couple of big trees that provide much needed shade during the daytime, but at nighttime, it makes it a bit spooky. I saw a guy standing with a bike talking to a lady with a nice figure (fine it was obviously a prostitute; at this time, at a deserted location, they won’t be negotiating their next date). I looked away to give them their privacy, not like I could see their faces in the dark anyway. But as I passed them I swear I distinctly heard 2 male voices! Now unless I was imagining things or the guy was a really good actor with a weird habit of talking in 2 voices, there was definitely something fishy here. I could not help but turn and look up to their faces, and I’m telling you the truth I have completely stopped looking at females in this city from that moment on.
Scarred for life, I just wanted to share this sweet experience with the rest of you, hope you buggers also suffer as I do now!!!

P.S. – Thanks Niladri for suggesting the title.

2 comments:

  1. Buddy .. i suppose you wud have seen a lot of transexuals near the park on GN Chetty road. It is common hangout for them at say 11-12 in night.

    ReplyDelete