Wednesday, January 6, 2010

The credit punch hurts

Never thought that I'd live to see this day - the day when one of my credit cards gets cancelled!
When the cellphone lights up with a message in the morning, i never expected it to read 'Dear customer, we regret to inform you that your card # #@*&%$@*&%$#@$#* has been canceled due to non usage and your credit limit reduced to 0.00'.
Heartless, pure heartless i say. And the nerve to address me in the same endearing tone as if nothing has changed. Did i do anything wrong, I still have my dear friend with me, but now its just plastic, lifeless, without the will to bring me joy by buying all those useless things that make me happy.

O, where have the days of loose credit standards and faulty checks gone? Those were truly the golden days, when the cards were plenty to come by, and you did not have to worry about cash, rather credit, at your disposal.

May my dear friend that lent me money without question everytime, rest in pieces - literally!

To be fair to the card company, i did carry around the gold plastic in my wallet for more than 2 years without putting it to use. Guess i just have to wait for someone to give me a platinum one now.

2 comments:

  1. forget about it dude, unemployed ppl dont get platinum cards...oh wait a minute, i had got one a few months back...well may be u mite too ;)

    ReplyDelete